Available now as a rental if you're not a Patreon Fanattic – the whole hour of entertainment from Soup Show 4. Soup Shows are broadcast live twice monthly (at least) via our Patreon Channel and are hosted by lead singer, David Thomas, with sidekick Communex (aka Kiersty Boon). Exclusive videos, memories covering everything from Waffle House to John Belushi and showcasing lyrics, these programmes provide unique insight into the band and their community. Rent for $1.99/£1.50/€1.70 and all other currencies on direct exchange rate. Hosted on Vimeo.
*NOTE: as part of their subscription, we broadcast discount codes for new releases on the Ubutique Audio Downloads Page. Please note that this code expired on 31st July. We have new codes every month for patrons only.
• DPK TV (Datapanik TV) kicked off June 5. It's a livestream hosted by David Thomas. All Ubu All The Time - Q&A sessions, unreleased material, insight, unique ideas, exclusive videos and concerts. DPK TV kicked off with a 60s Monster Movie Special and tracks from the new album. Go to the Calendar Page for a DPK schedule.
• $5 a month gets you access. You can delete membership, hassle free, anytime.
• Become a patron and join by clicking here.
Pere Ubu, By Order Of Mayor Pawlicki
• "You haven't heard Pere Ubu until you've heard Pere Ubu live."
• The album of Pere Ubu's Coed Jail Tour live! It's By Order Of Mayor Pawlicki in colored vinyl and cd.
• "It captures some genuinely thrilling performances. If you've managed to get to 2020 without hearing anything by them, you could do a lot worse than By Order of Mayor Pawlicki. Thank God for Pere Ubu. They were the first, and they'll probably be the last." - Ian Rushbury, Pop Matters
It's surprising to many that the Constitution does not provide for a popular vote to elect the president. The decision is left to individual State legislatures. Those legislatures have decided that a popular vote will determine how that state's electoral ballots will be allocated. It would be, however, arguably Constitutional for a legislature to ignore the popular vote in its state. What is the point? Click here to go to the article.
The Great American Novel by Pere Ubu
"Is there such a thing as "The Great American Novel"? There is an argument to be made that David Thomas, over 45 years and with assorted collaborators, has been writing that very thing and that The Long Goodbye is its final chapter." - Ed Whitelock, Pop Matters
Mission Statement For The Ubutique / Hearpen Download Page
The Loudness War is unabated. The collateral damage cannot be calculated.Sound is fundamental to the individual and social pursuit of culture. The Loudness War reduces Shakespeare to a Fantastic Four comic book, Beethoven to an iPhone ring tone. It decimates the vocabulary of sound. It wipes away its grammar with a flood of slang and impoverished lingo. I choose to not participate. Click here to go to the article.
Manhattan Death Trip
by David Thomas
Be wary of self-proclaimed authorities on cultural events who were not participants in those events, who collect gossip, rely on the memories of the disgruntled and are ever eager for a sensational interpretation of the inconsequential or mundane. Click here to go to the article.
Read the David Thomas Death Protocols . David wants it on record that we never said The Long Goodbye was a farewell or last album, or that any subsequent tour is a farewell tour.